- We are lucky to live in a democracy. This means that we don't need guns or bombs to change our Government. We can walk into the local church hall or community centre and remove the government from power using a pencil.
- People across the world are literally dying to vote. We have seen the people demand democracy in Egypt. We are seeing the struggle in Syria. We can vote therefore we should.
- Not that long ago people who did not own land (the poor) were not allowed to vote. Even more recently some women even lost their lives fighting to get the same voting rights as men.
- Put simply, a vote for Labour is a vote for positive change. We have had Independent representation for too long. We need councillors who are influential and will make a difference.
- A vote for Labour sends the clearest message to the Tory Government that the people of this area want a change of direction and that targeting the people of our region for cuts is wholly unacceptable.
- There is a clear choice on Thursday: A vote for blame and more of the same; another 4 years of looking backwards at a Derwentside that no longer exists. Or a vote for change; with influential councillors standing up for our area in difficult times.